Saturday, March 21, 2009

March Madness

The last two day the weather has been cooler and foggy at the beach. Not cold but not the usual sunshine either. It makes it easier to spend time watching the NCAA Basketball Tournament, game after game. Washington won its first game but is currently getting a lesson from Purdue. It does not look good for our local guys but the games have been exciting and since I have not watched NBA games this year (since my Sonics are now in Oklahoma) I am enjoying the college game a lot more.
The weather has cleared and the sun returned this afternoon so I may watch rest of the game outside on the compartment TV while smoking a cigar. We have another week here and Susan and I plan on taking the little Jeep down the coast highway and exploring the beach towns near us. Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, and Redondo all have nice little beach restaurants and shops along the water. I will take more pix for the blog and also shoot some more video of the area. I am still kicking myself for not bringing our bicycles with us as here along the bike path would be the ideal place to ride and the park in Palm Springs would have been another great place to cruise around. Next year for sure.
We have been getting with Mark and Carol and watching "Dancing With The Stars", "Survivor", and "The Amazing Race" as a group since all of us watch those shows regularly. I'm still watching "Lost" religiously and sometimes "American Idol' but I am losing interest in the latter. None of the other shows interest me and not much sports going on before the tournament started.

No comments:

Post a Comment