Thursday, December 11, 2008

Later that night....

Susan and Ollie are in bed and I'm downloading a software update for my iPhone and thought I would post one more small entry for the day. We had a dinner of hot dogs and beans early tonight then drove over to Mark and Carols to visit and watch the second to the last episode of "Survivor" as all four of us are fans of the show. For those who watch, glad to see Chrystal voted out...did not expect it but on that show you never know.
I will mention that our little Jeep Wrangler is fun to drive around down here. We have the top on but the windows out all the way around including the back. It handles much like the M.G. we used to have as the steering is very tight. Five speed manual transmission and 4 cylinder engine works pretty well down here. A little noisy on the freeway with the sides open and a lot of shifting when the traffic is heavy but we use mostly use surface streets and avoid the commute hours so no big deal. We cover it each night to keep dew off of it since we are at the beach.
Tonight I "ripped" a copy of Mark's "Best of Ricky Nelson" CD for my iPhone and forgot how much I liked his music. But those of your my age grew up with him and his family on TV, the people under 50 probably have no clue as to who the heck he was and the name Ozzie only registers as Osborne with them. Generation gap indeed.
We are still watching the Seattle Seahawks games, as dismal as they are. Seattle sports teams are so bad this year. The Oklahoma Thunder, who were the Seattle Sonics last year, have a record of 2 wins and 12 loses so far...thank God they left town.
Well my download is complete so I will post this to flesh out the site a little more then post every day or every other day from now on. We have not taken may pictures so far but I am planning on putting them in the blog too. Actually, I have figured out how to put a slide show on the blog but will have to wait until we take some more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment