Wednesday, December 24, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL











It is now about 2pm on Christmas Eve and I am taking a little time to post to the blog while I have the generator running and the computer using house current. Susan and Carol are cooking us a turkey dinner with most all of the trimmings for supper today at around 4pm. Larry and Rose Mackey invited us all over to their condoin Ventura for Christmas Dinner tomorrow so we are having the meal we had planned to cook for the holiday today. We have Xmas music playing and it is very cozy inside. Today and tomorrow are supposed to have some rain so we are planning on going into Oxnard for a movie at 6pm. We are seeing Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon in "Four Christmases".




Yesterday was a really nice sunny day and I was in shorts and a t-shirt most of the day. After these two days of cooler weather the sun is supposed to be back with mid sixties sunshine for the next week. Looking forward to that warm sun again but kind of enjoying the cool weather as it seems more Christmasy to us NWer's. We received some pix from Pat and Ed Tatman in Olalla showing us their place covered with heavy snow. Part of me wishes I were there for a day or two and maybe a white Xmas but the other part of me is glad that I don't have to put up with all the bad weather after the novelty wears off. It's probably best to just enjoy the weather you have at the moment for what it is. We originally planned on driving south after the holidays but I'm glad I don't have to worry about the driving conditions on the trip down . Right now we are thinking of coming down around the first of November in the future and heading home in March or April.




We had some Xmas lights on last night and I filled the bottom of some brown paper bags with sand, stuck a candle in them and lit them up similar to a hurricane lamp. We put them in a semi circle around the patio area of the rig and they looked very festive and pretty. I took a few pictures but the flash took away the glow and without the flash the exposure was to long to hold still enough to get a crisp picture. I was too lazy to dig the tripod out and do it properly. I will post a picture of both so you can get the idea of how it actually looked.




Mark and Carol arrived yesterday a little before noon and we enjoyed chatting in the sun. We had a pre-Xmas martini party at the cocktail hour and then we went outside to enjoy the sunset. Nothing say Christmas like a good cigar! LOL




Hope you get the very very rare White Xmas back home!




No comments:

Post a Comment